The Longacre design without stars combined with the 'Standard Silver' reverse die of 1870. This was apparently implemented by William Barber as Longacre died in 1869.
These were sold as part of complete sets from the half dime to the silver dollar. To view the set, click here.
This design was struck as follows:
Silver J1090/P1226 with the following 4 confirmed:
1) Newlin, Garrett-JHU, B/R 3/80, Novoselsky - NGC67. This set has since been reassembled.
2) Lohr?, River Oaks-B/R 11/76, Harry W. Bass Jr. Research Foundation
3) Judd?, Goliad, Sieck-81 ANA
4) Farouk, Kaplan, Stacks, Queller-Heritage 1/09 - NGC64, illustrated above.
Copper J1091/P1227 with about a dozen known.
Aluminum J1092/P1228 with the following 2 confirmed.
1) Boosel-RARCOA 5/72, Bass-HWBRF, Heritage 8/14 as NGC65, Simpson collection - PCGS65
2) Newcomer, unknown intermediates, Stacks 5/75, Paramount-Auction 86 - PCGS65 with lamination? behind head as illustrated below courtesy of PCGS.
In Wayte Raymond's appraisal of the Newcomer patterns, this piece is described as "die crack back of head".
See also Lohr and Hydeman for additional listings.
Photo courtesy of Heritage.