Struck from William Barber's lower relief copy of the Longacre indian princess design.
Examples were struck in the following combinations:
Silver with reeded edge J1214/P1355 with at least 7 known. To see images of all of these and the next, click here.
Silver with plain edge J1215/P1356 with at least 4 known as follows:
1) Bolender, Vickery-Paramount 8/72 ANA ?, B/M 1/93 - PCGS63
2) Cogan in 1883, Garrett-JHU, Stacks 3/76, Auction 79 - PCGS64
3) H P Smith, Clapp family, Eliasberg-B/M 5/96, Heritage 7/97 as PCGS64, ANR 9/03 as NGC65, Simpson-Heritage 8/21 - PCGS65
4) Heritage 1/03, Heritage 4/17 - PCGS64, same as #1 ?
Copper with reeded edge J1216/P1357 with at least 10 known. To see images of all of these, click here.
Copper with plain edge J1217/P1358 with the following 4 known.
1) Rarcoa 4/72, Wyoming collection
2) Goldberg's 5/2007 as NGC65BN, Simpson-Heritage 1/21 - PCGS66RB
3) B/M 6/10 - NGC64RB
4) Jarapendo-StacksBowers 6/11, Heritage 1/12 FUN, Heritage 4/12 - PCGS64RB.
The cleaned Farouk, Vickery, 72 ANA, Crouch-Superior 6/77 piece may be a another if it is not the same as #2 chocolatized. One of the last 3 probably accounts for the Garrett-JHU, Stacks 3/76 example.
Aluminum with reeded edge J1218/P1359 with only the 2 Farouk coins confirmed. One of these ex Vickery-Paramount 8/72 ANA is in a Wyoming collection.
Image courtesy of Andy Lustig.