George Morgan's "Shield Earring" design considered to be one of the most beautiful ever made by the US Mint. This design was issued in sets of the quarter dollar, half dollar and silver dollar in both silver and copper as above.
The following examples are confirmed:
1) 1978 Steve Ivy Coin World Ad, Saul Teichman via Renrob, NY Collection - NGC65RB
2) Farouk, Bass-HWBRF, B/M 5/99 at $4370 – PCGS60RB cleaned now rehabilitated, Teletrade 6/7/00, Teletrade 7/31/00, Teletrade 11/29/00, Teletrade 1/31/01 as NGC64RB, R. Kay, Goldberg 9/03, Simpson-Heritage 4/21 - PCGS65RB, illustrated above.
3) Hughes 7/80, D.A.Holt - choice proof
4) Crouch-Superior 6/77, Ivy 10/77, 82 ANA - choice proof
5) Kosoff 11/55, Bergin-Stacks 6/84 - gem proof
6) Dibello (possibly via Col Green, B.G. Johnson 4/26/46 invoice), Stacks 5/70, Sieck-81 ANA - choice proof
7) Col Green?, Newman-EPNNES, Heritage 4/13, Heritage 8/21 - NGC66BN
8) Simpson collection - PCGS66BN, same as #1 reslabbed ?
Examples were also struck in silver J1698/P1900.
For additional information on this and the other denominations, click here